Available on most Apple devices (iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch) and no doubt appearing on the Android App Store in the not-so-distant future, Viddy is the ‘big new thing’ that has revolutionised how users use video on their mobile. If you’re still a bit new to the Viddy seen, we’ve put together everything you need to know about the latest techno-craze, and how you can use it for business.
So, what is ‘Viddy’ ?
Viddy is a video app that allows users to create a 15 second video, which can be viewed on your Viddy account and can be then shared on other social networks (Twitter/Facebook etc) or, with the input of a little code, can be embedded directly into a website or blog.
It has been dubbed the ‘Instagram’ of the video world, and it is not hard to see why. Once you have created your content (or ‘viddy’), you are then able to add different visual filters and music to it, creating a personal touch and cinematic feel to your video.
How do I use it?
If you are familiar with Instagram, navigating your way around Viddy will be simple.
Once you have downloaded your App, you can sign in/create your account easily using Facebook or Twitter (or your email address, if you’d prefer).
If you’ve signed in using your Social Media accounts, you’ll be shown a list of your friends already using the app and gives you the opportunity to follow, then a list of suggested people to ‘follow’ (generally those trending or deemed popular on the network) and the opportunity to connect with other social networks you are already using to find friends and people to connect with.
To get creating, either upload from your existing library or hit the record button and start from scratch. Once you have your Viddy, you’ll be presented with your effects screen, allowing you to add filters and music as you choose. You can download/use a number of these for free, but there are additional effects available (at a cost) if you want to broaden your creativity and give your videos that extra ‘je ne sais quoi’.
Within your Viddy account, you are able to follow users of your choice, thus creating your main feed on screen. Other feeds are available, with ‘Newest’, ‘Popular’ and ‘Trending’ available to view too (if you’re new to Viddy, its a great place to start to see what ‘works’ with audiences, and what style of videos appeal to users using the app).
As mentioned before, you are able to share your videos to the usual suspects of social networks; Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, etc. However as well as the traditional ‘shares’, you can also share your Viddy directly via email or text message.
What does this mean for my business?
Video has long been the ‘must have’ in the marketing tool kit, as it is a great way for any brand to grab their customers attention. However, sometimes its hard to get them ‘just right’ and maintain that interest throughout the entirety of the video (lets face it, in this digital Internet age, we’ve all become rather fickle when it comes to what content we like and pay attention to!)
With the short nature of the Viddy – 15 seconds is all you need, and can give your followers (customers old and potentially new!) a great insight into who ‘you’ as a business really are.
- Insider Access show your viewers a peak ‘behind the scenes’ into the every day working environment of your business.
- Testimonials People listen to people, and there is nothing stronger in business than a good testimonial or recommendation. Use this as your chance to ‘show off’ a little and let people see what other people think is great about you (in an entertaining fashion!)
- Teasers Have a new product launching? Or an upcoming venture or venue? Use Viddy to put together promotional material and give people a ‘sneak peak’ at what is coming up in the future.
- What We Do Is there something special about your business? A special way your business operates? What makes you unique? Viddy is a great way to exhibit yourself, without giving too much away.
- Have Fun One of the most important things to remember when it comes to anything you post on Viddy. Mix up your content with the informative and the informal.